Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"I'm Not Changing...Just Growing"

 
 May Lyn
"Who, What, When, Where, Why and How?"

Different dispensational event timelines...Different end of the world/rapture/millennial timelines...Jesus' Kingdom is/is not here...

"Does ANYBODY know what the Bible is talking about?"

"Did Jesus mean what he said? If not, wouldn't that make Him a false prophet? And being who He is, how could He be mistaken? If the Bible was written by inspired writers, how could they have misunderstood Jesus?" And so on...and so on...

I didn't know or hear of anybody else with the same questions I had, and I couldn't get the same answers to my questions from different sources. I fast became disillusioned with mainstream Christianity.

One day while driving, as was my custom, I was searching the Christian radio programs that I knew and came across an old familiar voice. Couldn't mistake that accent! I hadn't been a regular listener and so hadn't heard him for a few years. He was talking about a subject I had never heard, preterism, and about the 2nd Coming having taken place in and around A.D. 70.

Boy, did that get my attention! That radio host was Arthur Melanson right here in my own back yard. I continued to tune in whenever I could and found that I was back in school learning Bibical history that I had never been taught. By the way, Arthur was a futurist when I had last heard him on the radio, so I was quite surprised to hear his change of position.

I was starting to get answers to my questions that made Bibical-sense not man-sense. And so 16 years later my journey with Jesus continues! I believe the Holy Spirit opened my eyes and ears and made me a Christian Enlightened. ♡

3 comments:

  1. James Madison

    That's awesome May. "Rightly Dividing The Word" showed me the message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony Denton

    Old Arthur seems to come up a lot. He's been a great help to folks in understanding prophecy.

    ReplyDelete

My story.

Hi this is James Burks. I am deaf since born by German measles. I born and raised up in Orlando. Now, living in PA and married to beautif...