Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My Testimony.

Terry Cropper

Here is my story. One day while I was at work for some strange reason all I could think about all day was the rapture as we have all been traditionally taught. As I was thinking about the rapture I started remembering all the fun I had as a kid when school was out in the summer time. My brother and I spent most of our summer on our grandfathers farm. In those days we would go out into the field and picking fresh tomato that we would eat with a little dash of salt. Boy did that taste good. Like all farms in those days my grandfather had pigs, chicken, and chick, ducks, cows, and a horse. Every kid should spend some time on a farm at lest once in their life time.

The more I thought about my good old days of childhood. The sadder I became. I thought about all the kids that would never spend time on a farm, learn how to drive a car, or go out on that first date. How unfair it was of God to take away kids in the rapture before they had the chance to experience the joys of life I thought.

Later that day after dinner I went to bed around 11 PM. In those days I used to go to sleep with the radio on that was tuned into a Christian show. I don’t remember what show it was now because that was a long time ago. While I ways sleeping I felt like I was burning up. I heard a voice as clear as if I was awake saying (we are not living in the last days). I started crying in my sleep and when I woke up my pillow was soaking wet and I kept saying I love you Jesus over and over. This happen around three in the morning.

I thought the voice was came from someone talking on the radio. So I wanted to hear more about what he was saying. The next night after dinner I set my alarm clock to wake me up. I listened to the radio but I never heard that person again.

God burned something deep into my soul that night. I started reading the Bible after work and on weekends. Now the Bible was coming alive.

The Old Testament and the New Testament now fit together like a hand in a glove. I now understood that Christ’s language about his coming in the clouds was not to be taken literally but was language of Deity. Christ was saying he is God who rides the clouds in the Old Testament.

After about a year or so I found another Christian radio station that I could listen to at work. At 10 O’ clock in the morning there is a radio program that comes on here in Philadelphia that is called The Joy Of The Lord. It is hosted by a dear friend named Arthur Melanson.

About two years before I started listening to Arthur’s radio program he started teaching preterism He explained how Josephus was a eye witness to the destruction of Jerusalem at the end of the Jewish age. Then I look into that part of history. That was over 20 years ago now and I have been teaching preterism ever sense.

I cannot really explain to anyone were that voice coming from that night. When I think back on that night it still bring tears to my eyes. God burned something deep within me that I cannot let go.

I may lose friends and family but I cannot stop telling others about the good news of our complete salvation and how it was accomplished. I still spend a lot of my time these days studying the Bible and looking into church history. 

Laying aside the traditional teaching of men. I wanting to know all about God for myself. With that in mind God has blessed me tremendously and taken me on the greatest adventure of my life.

3 comments:

  1. May Lyn

    Terry said..."Laying aside the traditional teaching of men. I wanting to know all about God for myself. With that in mind God has blessed me tremendously and taken me on the greatest adventure of my life."

    Terry, I understand the longing to know all we can about our Lord.

    "The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law." Deuteronomy 29:29

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony Denton

    Thanks for sharing, Terry; and thanks for creating this page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am inspired by your story. Thanks Terry.

    ReplyDelete

My story.

Hi this is James Burks. I am deaf since born by German measles. I born and raised up in Orlando. Now, living in PA and married to beautif...